Head of the Schuylkill – Regatta Details
- The Head of the Schuylkill is held on Sun., Oct. 26.
- Regatta: Click here for regatta details from Regatta Center and here for the Race Schedule. Click here for the Head of the Schuylkill website.
- General Regatta Tips: Click here for general tips for what to bring and what to expect for Regattas.
- Food Assignments: Families are assigned items to bring to the race. Click here to download the list.
- Rower Uniform: All rowers should bring their unisuit, PR Crew t-shirt and black compression shorts.
- Reusable Water Bottles: Be sure to bring reusable water bottles to the Regatta.
Saturday, Oct. 25, Agenda:
Families arriving on Saturday should be at 4 p.m. on Kelly Road along with race course. Look for PR parents and/or the PR sign. Questions? Contact Ellen Fowkes at 412-443-6853.
Sunday, Oct. 26, Agenda:
Rowers need to be at the trailer at least two hours before their event. Upon arrival, the rowers will begin preparations for the day, and the parents will begin to prepare breakfast.
We will spend our day cheering for the rowers, preparing and serving food, and socializing. Once the races have ended, we tear down our tents, put away everything that belongs in the chuck wagon and clean up. The rowers will de-rig the boats and load them onto the trailer.
All rowers and their families are expected to stay at the race site until our coach has dismissed the team. When we are away at regattas, any notifications, if necessary, will be handled via mass team texts. Please keep your cell phones handy to be informed of any changes to the schedule.
A general reminder: Families will receive a final bill at the end of the season for Regatta expenses for your family.