Greetings! We are excited about our first regatta of the season and hope you and your family are too!
Head of the Cuyahoga – Regatta Details
- The Head of the Cuyahoga is held on Sat., Sept. 20. Families and rowers will arrive on Fri., Sept. 19.
- Hotel: Click here for the hotel details.
- Regatta: Click here for regatta details and here for the Race Schedule.
- General Regatta Tips: Click here for general tips for what to bring and what to expect for Regattas.
- Food Assignments: Families are assigned items to bring to the race. Click here to download the list.
- Rower Uniform: If you have a unisuit, please bring it with you. Additionally, all rowers should bring PR Crew t-shirt and black compression shorts.
- US Rowing Number: New Rowers – please be sure you completed the online waiver from the email that Coach Sam sent last week.
- Reusable Water Bottles: Be sure to bring reusable water bottles to the Regatta.
Friday, Sept. 19, Agenda:
Coach Sam would like our rowers to be at the race site at 5 p.m. on Fri., Sept. 19. No early school dismissal is needed for the rowers. We will serve a light dinner (hoagies, chips, salad) at the race site for the rowers and their families. While the kids rig the boats, the adults set up camp. We have a couple of tents to set up, supplies that need to be transferred from the chuck wagon to the tents, and we will need to get dinner ready for our team. This process goes pretty quickly and smoothly when we have plenty of hands to help and weather cooperates.
Rowers in Band that are marching on Friday night will arrive with parents and stay in parent rooms.
Saturday, Sept. 20, Agenda:
Saturday will be a full and busy day. We will arrive very early to the river (6:15 a.m.) and immediately begin to prepare breakfast. We will spend our day cheering for the rowers, preparing and serving food, and socializing. Once the races have ended, we tear down our tents, put away everything that belongs in the chuck wagon and clean up. The rowers will de-rig the boats and load them onto the trailer. All rowers and their families are expected to stay at the race site until our coach has dismissed the team. When we are away at regattas, any notifications will be handled via mass team texts. Please keep your cell phones handy to be informed of any changes to the schedule.
A general reminder: Families will receive a final bill at the end of the season for Regatta expenses for your family.